Monday, November 2, 2009

NaBloPoMo

Today I heard about a very interesting thing... NaBloPoMo. My first thought when I saw it was what the heck? (I am sure you are thinking the same thing.) NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month. I discovered it through a few other blogs I read, and for some crazy reason decided to give it a try myself. You can go to their website to read more about it, but it's pretty simple... Here is their sophisticated explanation of the idea- Post every day for a month. That's all you have to do. Hmm. Well that doesn't sound too hard...sounds kind of fun actually. So here I am, giving it a try!

Since my blog is all about photography, my goal is to post a picture each day. That of course, could get a little tricky. Is it cheating to line up several posts at a time at the beggining of each week? No? Great, becuase that's my plan. :) Here are some ideas I've come up with so far for what I will blog about...
  • My Life - seems like the easiest way to take a picture every day will be to use the people and things in my house as subjects...so be ready for a ton of Hubby, Kitty and Doggy photos :)
  • What I've learned - I mentioned before I recently discovered Digital Photography School. I plan to post some of the more interesting articles/tutorials I have discovered, and maybe even an example of how I put that knowledge to work.
  • Food - I know a lot of "foodies" who have blogs dedicated to cooking, that post recipes and beautiful photos of their dishes. I might just have to give this a try... (I can't say I've ever photographed food before)
  • Family & Friends - Our weekends are usually filled with time spent with our family and friends. Hopefully I can remember to snag the camera on my way out the door more often, and in turn introduce you to all the crazies we spend our time with. :)
  • Randomness - well those were the only things I could really think of to blog about. The rest of my days will be filled with posts about whatever it is that is on my mind, or that I found to take a picture of. :)

So, today being November 1st, makes this my first official NaBloPoMo post. Yippee! Since I have already spent most of the post chatting about this adventure I am embarking upon, I will leave you with a *teaser* from the latest batch of photos I took...





Can you guess what the hubs and I did this weekend? :) There will be plenty more where this came from, coming to a blog near you soon, so stay tuned! And get ready for a fun-filled month of DAILY BLOG POSTS!

*Post Note* Ok yes, I am an idiot. This was posted on November 2 not November 1, so basically I already screwed up this whole post every day for a month thing. Oops. So lets just pretend that didn't happen, and when a post magically shows up under November 1st, let's just not say anything, k? Great. It will be our little secret. :)

1 comment:

Whatcha got to say??