Monday, November 9, 2009

Beer Bread

This past weekend the hubby and I went to a friend's house for a combo birthday party (someone's birthday is coming up...not sure who that could be... ;) When asked to bring some "munchies" with me, I went for my go-to recipe of Beer Bread. (Beer + Bread = HEAVEN if you ask me...those are probably my 2 favorite things in the world!)

It is SO easy to make and such a hit every time, that I thought I'd share the recipe! Plus I took a few photos as I was preparing it Saturday afternoon. :)


Beer Bread
(from AllRecipes)










Ingredients
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
3 cups self-rising flour
3 tablespoons white sugar

Directions
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be sticky. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 or 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft.










At this point, you're pretty free to do whatever you like with it. It can be sliced and served with butter or cheese on top...or (my preference) sliced and diced into nice little bite sized pieces :)






I serve it with a wide variety of dips...my favorite so far has been a pre-made ranch dip I picked up at the grocery store. This time, I made a Spinach & Herb dip from a Tastefully Simple mix. It was pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??