Monday, November 23, 2009

Meet Bob

Photobucket
This is Bob. He made his way into our home over the weekend...


So here's what happened - We went to a party this Saturday, and it was down on a farm that belongs to the grandparents of one of Matt's friends. As soon as we walked up, we saw these 2 little kittens wandering around, just as cute as could be. There were also a couple of dogs there, who as the night went on proceeded to torment the poor kitties. After a little while, I decided to pick this guy up, and give him a break from the terror - that was my first mistake. While I was holding him, I was talking to Matt's friend whose grandparents live there, and he mentioned that they did NOT like these 2 kittens running around. I couldn't believe such a thing - I mean look at that face! Anyway, he said something about how they were planning to 'get rid of' these kittens, one way or another. I knew what that meant, and it wasn't good for the little guys. So my friend Ash and I each picked up a kitty, and proceeded to hang on to them the rest of the night. We even named them - Bob and Fred. Well by the end of the night, I just couldn't leave him. We knew what was going to happen if we did, and the animal lover in me just couldn't bear to think that these poor little guys wouldn't even get a chance at life. So, now, as I sit here and type this, Bob sits in my lap. :) (and Fred now lives with Ashley)

Photobucket

Photobucket

How cute is this little booger?!?! I so so so wish that he could stay a permanent part of our family, but I don't think I am going to get my wish. The hubby was not too keen on bringing him home in the first place - the only way he agreed to it was if I promised to find him another home. As much as I want to keep him, I know how small our house is, and we already have 3 animals running around, so it's really just not a good idea. He is staying with us for now, but ultimately he needs a forever home. So I'm playing foster mommy. And even though he's not 'technically' mine, I still took about a million photos of him today. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So. If you know anyone that may be interested in this little stinker, please let me know! He's been pretty great so far, he's already learned to use the litter box, and he gets along with our other furbabies pretty well. Daisy thinks he's her new toy to play with, and the cats aren't really sure what to do so they've left him alone. He is quite the lover, just loves to snuggle. I know that even if he doesn't get to live with me, I will find him a wonderful home, and it will be much better than his fate had I left him on the farm.

Daisy and Bob even became snuggle buddies already...
Photobucket

Please leave a comment or email me if you or someone you know is interested in giving him a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??