Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkins!

Keeping up with the Halloween Spirit, the hubs and I spent some quality time together carving our pumpkins last weekend. We let our busy-ness get the best of us last year, and never got around to doing this, so I'm really glad we picked the tradition back up this year...you just can't beat digging into a slimy pumpkin, makes you feel like a kid again!

We decided not to do the traditional Jack-o-Lantern faces, and instead picked some fun patterns we found online. He did a Jayhawk (rock chalk!) and I did the logo for my favorite band EVER, 311 (we're going to their concert in a few weeks for my birthday, and also planning a trip to see them in Vegas next year...so I had 311 on the brain!). Anyway, hubby's pattern took way longer to carve than mine, so I killed some time by taking a few photos! :)


Photobucket



Mmm...pumpkin guts...

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


Halfway there!


Photobucket


Slow poke...


Photobucket


That is some serious concentration.


Aaaaand......the final result!

Photobucket



All lit and ready to scare some trick-or-treat-ers...

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


(And yes, I know, these last shots kind of suck...but it wasn't *exactly* night time yet, but we were running late, trying to get out the door, so we turned the lights off in the kitchen and snap snap. So this is the best I could do :P )


Next up on the *getting-into-the-Halloween-Spirit* list is finding our costumes (yeah, I know, a little behind schedule aren't we...). Any ideas for us??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??