Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tailgating...

Photobucket



Tailgating is something that I'm pretty sure is in my blood. Ever since I was little, my family has been season-ticket-holders for the KC Chiefs, so I started tailgating at a very young age. Now that I'm all grown up, I am lucky enough to have a hubby who shares my family's enthusiasm for football and tailgating. He's actually got even more enthusiasm than the rest of us! Even though our home team is not the *best* this year (and most of us can't remember the last time we were even *decent*), we still make it out to Arrowhead Staduim at 8:30am Sunday for a Noon game. Crazy? Yes. Fun? Absolutely!

This past Sunday the hubby, my parents and I all went out and watched the Chiefs get their you-know-what's handed to them by the Giants. Just because the football wasn't great, doesn't mean the tailgating wasn't AWESOME! :)


Photobucket


There's no better way to start a day of tailgating off than with a Bloody Mary (or so my hubs and mom say...)

I personally prefer to stick to beer :)

Photobucket




Photobucket


I just love snapping random pictures of that darling husband of mine...isn't he such a stud!?


Photobucket


We've decided to forego the traditional BBQ themed tailgate party, and instead we do Mexican food - what can I say, it's what my family loves! We make some pretty darn good fajitas, if I may say so myself. :) And hubby is pretty dang proud of his Chiefs Keg-Grill.


Photobucket


We got this sweet Tailgate Toss game last year for Christmas...as you can see the whole family got in on the action!

Of course, the drinkers that we are, have to turn everything into a drinking game. So, to keep it simple, in this game the losers take a shot (ok a swig).

As you can see...we all lost once...

Photobucket


Photobucket


(If you look close in the picture of my dad, you can see his watch. Yes, that's right, shots of Patron at 9:50am!)

And I won't lie...my family knows how to drink...and we don't mess around with our alcohol...

Photobucket




Photobucket


The Parents


Photobucket


They wore matching shirts! Awwwwwwwww


Photobucket

Had to capture the scenery...KC really knows how to tailgate!

The hubs and I will be at the game again this week...doing it all over again... maybe the Cowboys will give us a break (ha)... Go Chiefs!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE your parents!! Now I know why you turned out so completely awesome!! It looks like you guys had a great time!! Wish we could've been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I'll tell you the last time the Chiefs were *descent*... that was 1985, the year I was born!! I still have a Superbowl T-shirt of my moms from that year!! I also grew up w/ a Chief-a-holic family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like you had a fantastic time...GOOD!! and the pictures are great as well; love that liquor shot!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha got to say??