Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall is here!

Well, October is here, and I must say it came out of nowhere. Seriously, last time I checked it was, like, JULY, and I was freaking out about how soon my wedding was... and now I look at the calendar and it's OCTOBER already?! Goodness.

Anyway, the start of October means the start of Fall (and the Midwest weather sure didn't skip a beat! I think it's trying to pass right over Fall and move on to Winter...and can I say I am NOT happy about that!) and the start of the Holiday Season which of course means DECORATIONS! I am not really a fan of the weather that comes along with the Holiday Season, but I am a fan of all the festivities, and the fact that I get to make the hubby drag out all of my tubs of decorations. :) So, last weekend, being the first weekend in October, I did just that and got our house looking nice and Halloween-ey! :)

And then I was bored, so I pulled the camera out...


Photobucket




Photobucket


I have a slight problem with "theming" my decorations...I have some
scary things...

And some cutesy things...

Photobucket




Photobucket



I also like to try to throw a little "Fall" decor in there, that isn't specific to Halloween. I need to beef up my stock of these decor items, though (sounds like a Hobby Lobby trip is in my future! :)


Photobucket




Photobucket


This cutesy one is actually my mom's...it's kind of neat to have a little something in my house that I remember seeing in my parents house every year growing up...

And lastly, the most important...

Photobucket


The CANDY BOWL! I will be the first to admit that no, this bowl of candy is not for Trick-Or-Treaters, but for us. :) October is a month where I can justify having a bowl of candy in the house to munch on...we'll see if there's any left for the kiddos come Oct 31st ;)


So there you have it! The G household is officially in the Fall/Halloween spirit!

1 comment:

  1. You are soo cute!! I love all the decorations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha got to say??