Monday, October 26, 2009

Shelley~Senior

Sorry for the delay...I've finally got the real deal for ya!

So like I mentioned in my previous post, we took a mini road trip out to Paola last week to shoot some senior pictures for my cousin, Shelley. She LOVES animals, and wanted to go to her friend's farm and get up close and personal with some cows. Well, what can I say, we did just that! It was quite an adventure getting there...we had about 3 different maps/directions to go off of, you know we got lost, oh and did I mention I also got pulled over? Yeah, like I said, an adventure. Luckily, though, the Paola Officer was super duper nice, didn't give me a ticket, and actually helped us find where we were going! Thanks Officer Magillicutty! (Ok that isn't his real name, but that's what I decided to call him since I forgot it...either way he was really nice!)

So anyway, after all of the drama, we found our way to the farm, and off we went to tromp around in fields and get some great senior portraits.

Before I get to the photos, let me throw out a short disclaimer: first of all, this is really my first time shooting portraits (unless of course you count high school photography class assignments, but lets not talk about how long ago that was). Also, this was my first attempt at Photoshop...which explains why it took me so long to edit and post these bad boys. After quite a few hours of trial & error mixed with a little bit of user manual reading, I think I've figured out enough of the *basics* to edit a batch of photos. So anyway, just bear with me and my newbie-ness to this whole photography thing. :)

Ok enough jabbing, how bout some photos!

Photobucket



Photobucket


To give you an idea of the scenery we had to work with...
Photobucket
Not to shabby, eh?! You'll see bits and pieces of this massive piece of machinery in some of the other images...

One of my favorites...

Photobucket



Photobucket

You rock that tractor wheel, just rock it. :)

Photobucket

Excuse my french, but does she not look like a total badass here?!

Photobucket


This is Lillian (I think that was her name...) she tagged along with us for most of the shoot. She was such a sweetie!

Another favorite...

Photobucket



Photobucket

There's that tractor again! ;)

The background in these next few was just perfect...all of the colors and scenery just pops. I couldn't have set it up better myself!

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



And of course, the real reason we came all the way to Paola...

Photobucket


The COWS!

Photobucket


(Although Shelley informed me that my previous post was incorrect...that was actually the BULL, and I *think* this one was the COW. I'm totally out of the loop on the farm lingo...)

Well there you have it. My first attempt at portraits. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I am excited to continue to practice and grow, and see where this hobby of mine takes me!

Thanks for being such a good *model* Shelley, I had tons of fun shooting these photos!

2 comments:

  1. WOW.. these are amazing Brooke!!! You did a great job... and shelley is just so photogenic!! I really can't believe how great these turned out. She couldn't have paid a professional to do a better job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Elaine, you are too sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha got to say??