Friday, March 1, 2013

{week 36}

 36 weeks

Week 36 (Feb 2 – Feb 8)

This was the week I went "holy crap, we're having a baby...and soon!"  Saturday was our last Bradley class - which was bittersweet, we have become friends with our classmates, and I'll miss seeing them every week, but at the same time it is comforting to know that we completed the class and are now "prepared" for labor and the birth of this baby (I use the term prepared loosely...). If that didn't make things real enough, Sunday was our hospital tour and pre registration! The brand new labor and delivery unit of the hospital is scheduled to open February 26th, so this girl better not show her face before then! I want one of those fancy new rooms! Anyway, the rest of the week was pretty run of the mill, and ended with a meeting with or birth photographer and a breastfeeding class...again more reminders that d-day is right around the corner!

Doctor appointment update: (since I have one every week now I thought I'd just start throwing this in...) They now check my cervix at every visit. This week I an still zero dilated (yay) but am 75% effaced (which just means my cervix has already started thinning-not necessarily a bad thing). I also got the low down on how to know when I'm in labor, and when to call (although I already knew those answers, thank you Bradley class!)

Size of baby: honeydew

Total weight gain/loss:  50 lbs. {woah.  I need to just stop looking at the scale when I go to the doctor...}

Maternity clothes: comfy pants and a sweatshirt are about the only things that are actually what I would call comfortable these days...

Stretch marks? Still haven't seen any...but I hear these last couple weeks is where they can really come with a vengeance...

sleep: still not getting worse...but definitely not getting better either

symptoms: this week the swelling has been the main culprit. Hello,cankles! I feel like just about every part of my body is swollen at this point.

Best moment this week: seeing the painted nursery with the crib and glider in place (forgot to mention that progress...it's really coming along!!) Sitting in her room with Matt, talking about what life will be like when baby girl gets here...  :-)

Movement: it's getting to that (creepy? cool?) place where you can see my belly move, and watch her limbs as they drag across.  Crazy!

Food cravings:  still enjoying the Twix bars...I'm glad they keep the vending machine at work stocked. :)

Anything making you queasy or sick: not this week

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? It’s the tiniest little bit out, but I’m still calling it in.  Yes, still.

Wedding rings on or off? Off  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and stressed and nervous and excited and (insert every other possible emotion)

Looking forward to:  wedding dress shopping with Ashley this weekend, along with a lunch date with my cousins and shopping with my mom  and aunts - I haven't been able to participate in the weekly Saturday ritual of girl time for quite a while now...so I'm excited I at least get to see them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??