Friday, March 1, 2013

{week 37}

 37 weeks

Week 37 (Feb 9 – Feb 15)

This week the “holy crap, we’re having a baby soon!” continued. :)  I realized just how close we are getting, and honestly I’m feeling quite unprepared!  I have made it my goal to get a lot of things in order this weekend, so that the whole “any day now” mentality can possibly stop sending me into a panic attack.  As for the weekend, Saturday was a busy day – I had a photo shoot in the morning with some adorable twins (check them out here), then met my cousins for lunch and we later met up with my mom and aunts for shopping (it almost felt like a “normal” Saturday again seeing them!), and then I went wedding dress shopping with Ashley.  She said Yes to the dress, and we had a fabulous time.  (well, the store was insanely crowded and about 10 million degrees, so not the ideal prego conditions, but I survived.  And cried.  Multiple times.)  I also got wonderful news that my best friend Jessica is now also engaged!  And planning to get married this fall as well!  So needless to say I have a very busy summer and fall ahead of me between this whole life-with-a-kid thing, plus my two best friends getting married.  It should be fun!

Speaking of looove, Valentine’s day was this week!  We are officially old people – our romantic celebration included staying home and relaxing on the couch.  My gift to Matt was a heart-shaped cake, and his gift to me was cooking me dinner.  Oh, and while at the store together a few nights before, we went ahead and picked out cards to give to each other.  At least we didn’t read them until Valentine’s day. :)

  IMG_20130214_184532

My heart-shaped cake for Matt – strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream {ok, we all know it wasn’t just for Matt…}

Doctor appointment update: Cervix is still thin but not dilated.  Apparently I am having Braxton-Hicks contractions, I just didn’t know what they felt like. (I had a lovely first-pregnancy moment while lying on the table – I made a comment that baby girl must be jabbing a foot in a strange place because it was hurting, and Dr. C said “dear, that’s a contraction – just a Braxton-Hicks, not a real one, so nothing to worry about”.  Oh!  Well what do you know.)  Then I was completely caught off guard by her mentioning a possible induction.  Say what?!  She said she “likes to have a plan in place”, so if I haven’t gone into labor by the 10th then she would like to schedule an induction.  Well, if you couldn’t have guessed already, my goal here is to do this labor thing completely naturally, meaning no drugs, meaning no induction.  So I had to attempt to put my foot down and say “no thank you”.  She reassured me she doesn’t think I’ll go that long anyway, so we probably don’t even have to worry about it.  So I guess we shall just see how things go at the next appointment(s).  And just for the record, Matt is now required to attend all appointments not only for moral support but for damage control in case this induction nonsense starts to come up again, or in case my irrational fear of them telling me to head straight to the hospital and have my baby comes true.

Size of baby: wintermelon (no idea what that is.  When I first read it, I read WATERmelon, and almost fainted)

Total weight gain/loss:  49 lbs. {somehow I’m down from last week…no idea what that’s about but I’ll take it!}

Maternity clothes: this question is becoming pointless.

Stretch marks? So far so good…

Sleep: at about 3am I can usually be found lying in bed, wide awake, thinking of all of the things I need to do before this baby comes.  It’s fun.

symptoms: the swelling has been a little better this week.  Now that I know what Braxton-hicks contractions feel like, I convince myself that I’m having them all the time.  Not sure how accurate that really is, but I know I’m having them off and on.

Best moment this week: finding out that my BFF is (finally) engaged!

Movement: It feels like she’s laying sideways (I really hope this is not true!)…I get what feels like a foot sticking out on one side, and then a butt on the other.  If only I could see in there…

Food cravings:  nothing new

Anything making you queasy or sick: I’ve been back to that yuck feeling from the first trimester the past couple days…hooray…

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? It’s the tiniest little bit out, but I’m still calling it in.  Yes, still.

Wedding rings on or off? Off  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and stressed and nervous and excited and (insert every other possible emotion)

Looking forward to:  a 3 day weekend!  Hopefully this means major productivity in the way of nursery and general baby preparedness.  Or extra naps.  Either one sounds great to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??