Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{week 35}

Oh, hi there!  I know, I know, I am AGES behind in blogging.  Sorry, life has just been slightly insane recently!  But get ready, I'm catching you up on the past few weeks. :)  You might want to skip down and work your way back up...if you like to read things in order, that is. :)

Gosh, could I look any more like a tired pregnant chick...
This time we took the picture in baby girl's room, and once again I half-ass photoshopped the frame in. :)

Week 35 (Jan 26  Feb 1)

First of all: It’s February.  Woah.  That means we’re having a baby NEXT MONTH.  Holy crap!

Second of all:  I feel like a broken record, but once again, it was a busy week.  Story of my life.  Saturday we started the day off with our Bradley class, and then ventured to Lawrence with Jess & Clayton for a KU basketball game – Matt’s first time!  It was so much fun.  I may have enjoyed myself a bit more had I not been 35 weeks pregnant…only because there was SO MUCH WALKING and SO MANY STAIRS involved.  I survived though, and it was a blast.  An Instagram picture as proof:




Although I had lofty plans of getting some unpacking and organizing done that night once we got home, I ended up on the couch with my (giant, swollen) feet up.  A couple of frozen pizzas and a movie later, I think we were both in bed before 10:00.  Such party animals, we are.  Sunday was another packed day, with my second baby shower in the morning (where I got to hang with a lovely group of ladies and got even more amazing gifts) and a family gathering for Sarah’s birthday in the evening.  It was a fun-filled weekend, but by Sunday evening I was feeling very un-productive and a little stressed, so I made a list and vowed on behalf of both of us that we would get as many things as possible knocked out in our evenings during the week.  I’m sure Matt was very appreciative of that. :)

I would say we succeeded, though, as more than half of those things are now crossed off my list.  I may or may not have added several things in the meantime, but that doesn’t count.  In nursery news, I got a paint color picked out, and fabrics chosen, and things are finally starting to happen!  The room should be painted very soon, and then I can start bringing stuff in!  The dresser will still need to be refinished, and I have about a million ideas for décor that I need to just decide on and get started on already, but I have a vision.  And I don’t care what anyone says, my baby isn’t allowed to make her appearance until her room is finished.  So what if she won’t be using it for the first few weeks (months?) of her life, I need it to be done.  I consider it a challenge, and I’m most certainly up for it. :) 

Otherwise the week was just another fun-filled one with work, unpacking, and even a snow day for good measure (well, it snowed, and I didn’t feel like driving so I worked from home.  That counts as a snow day, right?).  This weekend is significantly less busy than the past few (which I am OH SO EXCITED about).

Size of baby: coconut

Total weight gain/loss:  44 lbs.

Maternity clothes? I keep wanting to buy more, and then I stop myself when I realize I only have another month or so to wear them, and then I freak out at how close I am to my due date.  It’s a vicious cycle.

Stretch marks? Still managed to avoid these…fingers crossed…

Sleep: same story.  At least it’s not getting worse, that’s something…right?

Symptoms: still lots of swelling, some heartburn, and the exhaustion is starting to set in.

Best moment this week: tie between my 2nd baby shower and seeing Matt experience his first KU game at Allen Fieldhouse.

Movement: she seems to have found her way even further into my ribs…lovely.  I’ve finally started to figure out her schedule though, and I sure wish it would stick after she arrives – she gets up and moving around 8-8:30 most days, wiggles and dances throughout the afternoon, takes a short nap in the early evening but wakes back up just before bed, and (thankfully) seems to go back to sleep when I do.  Wouldn’t THAT be a dream routine for my newborn… HA!

Food cravings:  a Twix has been sounding SO GOOD all week.  In fact, I think I will be venturing to the vending machine to indulge before the day is over.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I have had a couple of queasy spells lately, nothing in particular causing them that I know of, it sort of just feels like the first trimester “yuck” all over again.  But at least they don’t last long.  {I must have jinxed myself talking about how lucky I am to have avoided this...}

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? It’s the tiniest little bit out, but I’m still calling it in.

Wedding rings on or off? Off  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and stressed and we’ll go ahead and add nervous in there for good measure (hello, I am A MONTH AWAY FROM MY DUE DATE)

Looking forward to:  our last Bradley class, our hospital tour and pre-registration, and a breastfeeding class this week – all things that will contribute to me freaking out at how close I am to my due date. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??