Friday, August 24, 2012

{week 12}

 12 weeks

Week 12 (Aug 18 – Aug 24)

This was the last week of the first trimester…holy cow!  I thought it was going by so slow at first, but time seems to be speeding up big time.  The 311 concert was awesome (even sober! :)), and the rest of the week was relatively calm.  We discussed the possibility of putting our house on the market with a realtor (move while pregnant? Sure, I’d love to!), so that is my new focus.  This weekend is looking somewhat busy… another Chiefs game tonight, family dinner tomorrow, and some serious de-cluttering on Sunday.  Matt is starting a big bathroom remodel job, so I’ll have plenty of time to myself.  And I plan to spend that time starting the huge undertaking of getting our house ready for showing!  And maybe a nap or two. :)

Size of baby: Plum

Total weight gain/loss: My liar of a scale says I’m up to 6 lbs.  I’m still not buying it.

Maternity clothes? Not yet, but pants are definitely getting tight.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: About the same, still tossing and turning a lot, and waking up to pee regularly.  I keep hearing about some fancy pregnant-lady pillow…I think I need to look into this.

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good still!  I have had quite a few headaches lately, which isn’t very fun (especially since the only thing I can take is Tylenol, which does a whole lot of nothing for me).  Other than that though, I can’t say I’m having too many symptoms anymore and I am a-ok with that.

Best moment this week: Tie between hearing the heartbeat (again) on Sunday (thank you again Sarah for the Doppler…that thing is awesome!), and finding out that we actually could potentially sell our house for a decent amount.

Have you told family and friends: At this point the only people I haven’t told is work.  And within the next couple weeks that will be happening too.  Yay!

Miss Anything? Good sleep!  If you know me, you know that I treasure my sleep.  And I was the heaviest sleeper on the planet…until recently.  I am just not used to waking up 5 times a night, and I’m not really a fan of it!  But I guess it could be worse…

Movement: not yet

Food cravings: Still sweets.  And Burger King Croissant Breakfast sandwiches.  (Maybe my scale isn’t lying…sigh)  I keep telling myself I’m going to make a better effort to eat healthier, and I WILL.  After I eat a few more BK breakfast sandwiches. and doughnuts.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I had one random queasy day this week, but not sure what caused it.

Have you started to show yet: still not yet, the “beer belly” is just getting flabbier…

Gender prediction: I’ve been leaning towards boy more recently.  But I really have no clue.  5 weeks from Tuesday we will find out!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: The start of the 2nd trimester – can’t believe I’m already there!  Other than that I’m kind of excited about the fact that the calendar is empty for next week so far… we’ll see if that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??