Friday, August 10, 2012

{week 10}

 10 weeks

Week 10 (Aug 4 – Aug 10)

This week we had our 2nd doctor’s appointment.  It was much less eventful than  the first (although I still managed to be away from work for 2 hours…), but it was still very exciting because we heard the little heartbeat again!  Dr. C very politely warned us that she may or may not be able to find the heartbeat with her Doppler at this point, and if not we will have an ultrasound but it’s nothing to worry about, and it usually takes her a while to find it, so don’t be alarmed….  Well our little superstar proved her wrong!  It wasn’t 15 seconds before we heard that magical sound once again.  I still find it completely fascinating that there is indeed a tiny heart beating away inside my stomach.  Matt’s sister actually owns a Doppler, and I fully intend on borrowing it so that we can hear the heartbeat at home.   Our next appointment is in 4 weeks, and will probably be a repeat of this one, but then 4 weeks after that is the big ultrasound where we find out if it’s a girl or a boy!  I can’t believe we are only 2 months away from knowing! Time is flying by and standing still all at the same time.

Size of baby: Prune (eww, could we not have picked something more appealing?!)

Total weight gain/loss: +2 lbs  (finally putting on some pounds!  I have done nothing but lose for several months now, so it’s great to see the scale move in the other direction.  And yes, I realize that is not the worst problem in the world to have, but at a certain point you just don’t need to lose any more weight!  And I was at that point like 2 months ago.)

Maternity clothes? Not yet

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: Not great this week.  No naps, but I seem to be waking up about a bazillion times every night.  And usually once to go to the bathroom.  Fun stuff!

Symptoms: It has actually been a pretty light week in the world of symptoms (I hope I didn’t just jinx myself by saying that…)  I have been tired but not quite as bad, and very minimal nausea.  The crazy dreams persist, and like I already mentioned it’s been iffy in the sleep department.  But overall, I’m feeling pretty good! (for now…)

Best moment this week: Hearing a little heartbeat again at the doctor!  Matt thought it was beating “awfully fast”, but the doctor and I reminded him that it is supposed to be fast at this stage.  (Is it dorky how cute I find it that he was concerned? Probably. :)

Have you told family and friends: This weekend we will be telling more friends – and it really wasn’t intentional to have not told them for this long, we just haven’t seen each other since we found out!  I am sort of looking forward to going through the fun of telling someone again, though.  It seems like it’s been a while now.

Miss Anything? Well, as of tomorrow it is officially Football Season.  Normally, this is the most exciting time of year, and I look forward to everything that comes along with it – tailgating, having friends over to watch games, more tailgating… well, I’m already bummed about the fact that while I do still get to participate in all of these things this year, I won’t be able to drink.  And, well, that’s the best part.  Not to mention by the end of the season, I will be right around 30 weeks along and I can’t imagine I will be terribly comfortable sitting out in the cold when I feel like a whale…  So, I miss in advance an awesome football season. :)

Movement: not yet

Food cravings: Still not really having cravings, just have no self-control.  When I think about something that sounds good, it immediately goes from “hmm, that sounds yummy” to “I HAVE TO EAT THAT NOW”.  Yesterday it was a strawberry pop-tart, the day before it was Chinese. Again. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: cleaning out the fridge did a number on me the other day.  It probably didn’t help that I had accidently left the door open all day so several things had spoiled…  I opened a bowl of watermelon and cantaloupe that was already almost 2 weeks old, plus being warm from sitting under the light inside the refrigerator all day… yeah I was *thisclose* to vomiting.  As in, I actually ran to the bathroom.  Luckily I have a wonderful husband who came to the rescue. :)  But other than that minor incident, I have had a pretty barf-free week!

Have you started to show yet: still not yet technically, but I definitely think some things are shifting around and I feel a bulge starting.  At this point it still just looks like I’ve been eating too much Chinese food (which I have…).  Supposedly it’s not uncommon for first time moms to not show at all until close to the 16th week, but I am having a hard time believing that I’m going to have this “beer belly” looking thing for 5 more weeks.  Maybe I’m just in denial… I’m ready for it to be a baby bump. :)

Gender prediction: this week I’m feeling girl very strongly.  Whenever I imagine the future with our baby, it’s always a girl – I’ve even caught myself thinking about “her” or calling it a “she” in my head.  So again, it’s probably a boy.

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: The Official Kick Off of Chiefs Football!!  Sure, it won’t be as fun as most years, but it’s still FOOTBALL TIME!   We are also celebrating my mom’s birthday this weekend, and that should be fun.  And now I want cake…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??