Saturday, November 17, 2012

{week 23}

I know, I know, I’m behind on these again.  What can I say, I’ve been busy! 

23 weeks

Week 23 (Nov 3 – Nov 9)

This week was a busy week of taking/editing/blogging photos, followed by the start of my birthday week!  We started the weekend off with a surprise party for a friend’s birthday (side note: going to a party where there is free alcohol while you are pregnant = complete torture), and finally had a day to rest and hang out on Sunday – started off by some chocolate chip pancakes at IHOP (best way to start a Sunday ever!).  Beginning on Wednesday the week got hectic, but since it was mostly birthday celebrations I won’t complain. :)

Size of baby: grapefruit

Total weight gain/loss:  26 lbs.  Yeah, I don’t step on the scale anymore. So this only changes on weeks I have a doctor’s appointment. :)

Maternity clothes? Yep – went shopping on Saturday for some jeans and a coat.  Happy Birthday to me!

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: not terrible.  Sleeping with the Snoogle regularly, and although I still do wake up quite a bit, I can usually stay comfortable for a few hours at a time.

Symptoms: new to the list: stuffy nose!  I keep thinking I’m getting a cold, but it’s pretty much just anytime I lay down, my nose goes from perfect clear to a block of concrete.  I don’t get it.  It doesn’t help the sleep department very much, but it seems to go away after being up for a couple hours so I guess it could be worse.

Best moment this week: Daylight savings ending therefore allowing me an extra hour of sleep Saturday night :)  Also: the first birthday celebration (dinner with Ashley – who shares a birthday with me), and getting my hair chopped off and colored.  Guess it was a good week :)

Movement: Lots of it!  She hasn’t seemed to figure out a real schedule yet…for a while she was always moving in the evenings, but lately I’ve felt her wiggling around right when I wake up in the morning.  Maybe Daylight Savings has her confused. :)  Matt has felt it several more times now, which is always exciting!

Food cravings: I feel like a sham of a pregnant chick because I still haven’t really had any crazy cravings.  I’m certainly eating everything in sight though (see above – this is why I refuse to step on the scale), so that has to count for something.

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!

Have you started to show yet: Yep.

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? In, and still looking odd.  I’m still hoping it stays in as long as possible…

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Well.  I have officially had a crazy-pregnant-lady-crying-moment (or 4). We watched What to Expect When You’re Expecting over the weekend.  I innocently expected to just laugh my way through the flick, but no such luck.  A couple of serious parts, a sad part, and even the happy parts at the end – all sent me into a blubbering mess.  And just for the record:  I am not usually a movie-crier.  Maybe a tear in the corner of my eye, but this was serious hysterical I-have-to-walk-out-of-the-room crying.  Matt wasn’t sure what to do.  In the end, I made it through the movie (and a box of Kleenex), and I now know that the pregnant loss of control over emotions is in full effect.  Yay?

Looking forward to: My birthday!  A whole weekend full of celebrations (even a few dragged into the week)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??