Monday, November 5, 2012

{week 21}

hi there!  yes, I know I am getting behind in these.  oops!  I’ve been so busy taking pictures of other people, I haven’t had time to get these posted.  But I’m catching up now! 

21 weeks 

so, I totally intended on Photoshopping the dog nose out of this week’s picture, but then I decided it was just too cute.  she was obviously very concerned with what I was doing {and to explain, I take the pictures in our bedroom, and she is standing on the bed.  she’s not actually that tall. :) }

Week 21 (Oct 20 – Oct 27)

This week we started off by showing our house {never heard any feedback though, so who knows what they thought…}, and then on Saturday while the boys finished some last minute painting I joined the family on a trip to the corn maze in Liberty.  We had a blast!  Who knew wandering through corn for 2 hours could be so much fun. :)

Sunday I was left to fend for myself while Matt went to the NASCAR race with his dad and brother in law.  I actually had quite a nice relaxing morning, and day of productivity, followed by a photo shoot in the evening.  The work week was pretty typical, although Matt ditched me (AGAIN!) on Wednesday and Thursday to go to St. Louis for work.  I spent my free time this week looking for rental houses, and researching baby stuff so that we can go register one of these days.  This weekend we have a Halloween party to attend, and hopefully a relatively quiet day at home on Sunday.  We also have a few home showings scheduled in the mix, so fingers crossed!

a couple of Instagram photos from the weekend:

IMG_20121020_150941 corn maze!!

IMG_20121020_115906 what happens when we have a showing, and have to remove all 3 pets from the house ~ let me tell you, they just love car rides together ;)

Size of baby: pomegranate (I really have no idea how big one of these is.  My cousins and I Googled it so I could see what the heck it even was, but I still have no concept of the size…oh well, guess I’m just not well versed in fruits!)

Total weight gain/loss:  16 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Yes, loving them.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: still not fabulous.  I finally started using the pregnancy pillow, but I’m not sure I really know how to work the thing.  I know, it’s just a pillow right, but it’s quite a strange contraption and between the Mister, a dog and a cat that also occupy our bed, I just haven’t quite figured out the best strategy for using it yet.  Although Wednesday night when I had the bed to myself – snuggled right up with it and actually slept pretty well.

Symptoms: finally something new: heartburn!  Hooray?  Not so much.  It isn’t horrible, but I’ve never really had heartburn before so this is all new to me.  Apparently very common during pregnancy though, so I guess I’ll just get used to it (and stock up on smoothie flavored Tums…)

Best moment this week: Matt coming home from St. Louis – we missed him!  He wasn’t gone that long, but still.  I think he may have been more excited to see Daisy than me when he got home, but whatever. 

Movement: more and more every day!  And I’m still loving every minute of it.  Also still waiting for Matt to be able to feel it.

Food cravings: I’m going with candy again.  Probably just because I’m a bad influence on myself and always keep it around when Halloween gets close, but I’ve definitely been eating my fair share.

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!

Have you started to show yet: Yep.

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy – like, really happy.  I now laugh so hard I cry at least once a week…and usually over something not all that funny.  But I’ll take it over crazy pregnant-lady rage!  I definitely feel the mood shifts every now and then, but I think I still have a pretty good handle on them.  (I don’t know though, I should probably ask Matt and see if he agreesJ)  I do cry at the drop of a hat now, which is just lovely.  Warning: do not cry in front of this pregnant chick!

Looking forward to: next doctor’s appointment is Tuesday!  It will be a pretty boring one (no ultrasound again for a while L) but I always love hearing her heartbeat and having the doctor tell me that all is well.  {Not looking forward to: stepping on the scale!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??