Wednesday, November 7, 2012

{week 22}

22 weeks 

Week 22 (Oct 27Nov 2)

Big milestone this week…daddy felt  baby girl move for the first time!!  I’ve obviously been feeling her for quite a while now, and have been trying to get Matt to feel it too, but the timing just hadn’t worked out.  Until Tuesday night. :)  We were just sitting on the couch, and she was giving some pretty hefty kicks so I had him put his hand on my belly and he looked right at me with big wide eyes and said “was that it?!?!”  Yes it sure was!  So that was all sorts of exciting. :)

In other news, I had another doctor’s appointment this week.  It was a pretty uneventful one, but I did get to hear her heartbeat again, and now they measure my belly (which I’m not sure I understand, but Dr. C said that it was right where it should be, so I’ll take it!).  I also found out I get to do the Gestational Diabetes test next time – SO not looking forward to that.  I’m hoping that my previous PCOS condition and sugar filled diet for the past 5 months aren’t going to cause me to fail.  *fingers crossed*

We had a busy and fun weekend, attended a Halloween party on Saturday night {as HGTV’s Mike Holmes – if you know Matt you know this is perfect -  and a skeleton pregnant chick that was too lazy to wear an actual costume…see pictures below :) }, and on Sunday I had yet another photo session and then we had another house showing in the afternoon.  The week has pretty much flown by, with a short pause on Wednesday for Halloween!  We spent the evening with our favorite almost-3-year-old, who was quite possibly the cutest bumble bee I’ve ever seen.  She had a blast trick-or-treating, and we probably had just as much fun (if not more) watching.  We are now super excited for Halloween next year, knowing that we will have our own little pumpkin to dress up!

20121027_211037 20121027_211016

Size of baby: papaya (yet another fruit that I know nothing about. I read somewhere though that a non-fruit equivalent for this week is a football. A FOOTBALL.  That can’t be right.  HOLY COW)

Total weight gain/loss:  26 lbs.  Yes, you read that right, I have gained another 10 lbs.  Let’s just say I am an overachiever when it comes to gaining weight during pregnancy :) (and just for the record, the doctor has no concerns about it, so neither do I. thankyouverymuch)

Maternity clothes? Absolutely – and thinking about going shopping for some more, actually.

Stretch marks? Not yet (I have started putting cocoa butter lotion on my belly religiously in hopes of preventing them :) )

Sleep: the snoogle and I are starting to get along better (yes, the thing is really called a snoogle.  Who names these things??)  Although, I have now found that Daisy is a fan of it, and enjoys sleeping right between my belly and the pillow.  Lovely.

Symptoms: still a little heartburn here and there, along with some new back pain and leg cramps!  Yay for pregnancy?  But really, none of it is that horrible and I still consider myself VERY lucky to have had such an easy pregnancy so far (KNOCKING ON WOOD)

Best moment this week: Matt feeling baby girl kick! 

Movement: I think we’ve already discussed this in quite a bit of detail... but yes, I get kicked and punched all day long.  It’s getting to be a lot stronger, and somewhat regular – this child is definitely mine, because she’s not active until the afternoon and evenings most days.

Food cravings: I still haven’t had any crazy, I MUST HAVE IT NOW type of cravings.  Today I really wanted Chinese food…does that count?

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!

Have you started to show yet: Yep.

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? In, but starting to look a little strange.  I don’t really know how to describe it, but it definitely looks funny.  Matt thinks it’s going to pop soon, I am hoping it doesn’t.

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: feeling a few more mood swings, but I still think I’m keeping control of the crazy.  For now. :)

Looking forward to: the start of my birthday week!  Yes, I claim an entire week. :)  My birthday is a week from Saturday, so it’s officially on.  Something tells me the celebrations will be a bit more tame than usual, but that’s ok.  It’s still my birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??