Monday, September 3, 2012

{week 13}

 13 weeks

Week 13 (Aug 25 – Aug 31)

I officially made it into the 2nd trimester!  Holy cow.  At first it felt like the first trimester was soooo loooonnnngggg, and then all of the sudden: bam. done.  On to the 2nd trimester.  I am guessing this one will fly by – from what I hear it’s the time when I’ll feel the best.  And I will say I’m already noticing that.  I actually have energy again, and I just feel better all around.  Hopefully I can actually take advantage of the next couple months. :)  As far as this week, it was a busy one at work, but otherwise pretty uneventful.  I did meet 2 of my favorite also-pregnant-ladies for dinner one evening after work, that’s always a good time.  Basically, I spent the entire week looking forward to the long weekend. And our doctor’s appointment next week!

Size of baby: peach

Total weight gain/loss: I didn’t bother stepping on the scale.  I’ll find out the true damage at the doctor next week.

Maternity clothes? I bit the bullet and made the first purchase.  Enough of my pants (work pants especially) are getting unbearably tight, that I figured I needed to just go ahead and buy some maternity pants.  I found a pair of jean capris on clearance (for $5!), and then a pair of slacks for work also on sale.  I’m still a bit baffled by the amount of elastic found on everything maternity, but the two things I got I can wear now, and should have some room to ‘grow’ into as well.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: frustrating.  Nothing has really changed, I’m just getting a little sick of waking up 10 billion times every night.  I suppose I should get used to this, though… :)

Symptoms: just headaches still.

Best moment this week: finding the heartbeat again on the Doppler, and recording it on my phone to play back for Matt when he got home.  Is that dorky?  Probably. Also probably not the first dorky thing I will do as a new mom. :)

Have you told family and friends: The cat is pretty much out of the bag at this point.  This question will probably go away in the next week or two because I really don’t know who else I can tell. :)

Miss Anything? Matt.  He’s been working evenings and weekends on a side job to make some extra moolah (babies are expensive, yo!), so I’ve had a lot of extra “me” time.  Not that that’s a bad thing, but weekends are a lot more fun with him around. :)

Movement: not yet

Food cravings: Sweets, sweets and more sweets.  The customer Matt is working for sent him home with cupcakes from a local bakery…she is my hero.  I’m trying to work a little harder at not indulging *every* craving…but Mr. Sweet Tooth that I live with isn’t helping.  I think he’s secretly (or maybe not so secretly) enjoying this craving of mine.

Anything making you queasy or sick: not this week!  hooray!

Have you started to show yet: I still think it looks like a beer belly.  (it’s welcome to change into a baby belly at any moment…)  Although this week’s picture seems to make it look quite large.  I think it’s an optical illusion. :)

Gender prediction: we know for sure 4 weeks from Tuesday!  I’m still clueless. I think I’m leaning towards boy again.

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on (well…technically off but not because of fat fingers. :)  I took my ring in to be checked and cleaned this week and they found a loose stone.  So now it’s being repaired, and I’m wearing the ring Matt gave me back when we were dating in its place.)

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: Our doctor’s appointment Tuesday!  I wish we got an ultrasound, I’m dying to see what the little pizza roll is looking like now.  But I suppose I’ll be patient and wait another 4 weeks…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??