Sunday, September 23, 2012

{week 16}

16 weeks 
Week 16 (Sep 15 – Sep 21)
I feel like a broken record, but once again this weekend and week were busy busy.  I had a great time with the photo shoot on Saturday (see some pictures from it here), and I had almost as much fun that afternoon helping to move my cousin into her new apartment (this is probably because my job consisted of unpacking and organizing…much more fun than moving boxes :).  Sunday I spent at home, but still kept busy around the house.  I made a good dent in de-cluttering the one last room on my list, and got a ton of stuff packed away.  Work was again busy busy, and I don’t really see an end in sight there.  But it sure makes the days go by fast. :)  Friday night I attended a 31 party at my friend Ashley’s house…bought way more than I needed, but when has that ever stopped me before?! :)
I also got a birth photographer booked this week (check her out here – she is AWESOME).  I know you are probably thinking birth photography sounds weird, but I assure you it isn’t.  It’s beautiful, and I’m so happy Matt got on board with this (let’s just say he was less than excited at first…).  We will also be doing a maternity session with her in the fall (well, hopefully…assuming I actually have a belly by then!).  I’m SO excited. :)
Size of baby: avocado (yum, guacamole anyone?!)
Total weight gain/loss:  9lbs.  I’m not getting back on the scale until I go to the doctor again. :)
Maternity clothes? still haven’t worn any of them
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: same story.  Although I did have a few select nights of pretty decent sleep this week, which I was very thankful for!
Symptoms: more headaches. They seemed to taper off towards the end of the week…also very thankful for that! 
Best moment this week: Going to lunch with my BFF Jessica this week, and finding out she is throwing me an “It’s A Baby!” party. Sort of like a gender reveal party, but we all know I can’t wait to share the news, so everyone will already know and we’ll just celebrate.  Hooray for parties! 
Movement: not yet, but I read in my book that starting next week it’s actually possible to begin feeling baby.  Of course it’s different for everyone, but I’m anxiously awaiting feeling that first flutter. :)
Food cravings: no change here, sweets all day long.  Matt came home with cupcakes one night this week…he knows how to keep this pregnant girl happy. :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!
Have you started to show yet: I’m still saying not really.  It hasn’t “popped” yet, still just looks like pudge to me. 
Gender prediction: the overall consensus from family and friends is girl – I’m thinking the same thing, but we’ll see.  ONE WEEK FROM TUESDAY WE FIND OUT!!  I may be a little excited. :)
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Matt finishing his side job next week, and finally being home again!  I’m putting him right back to work helping me get this house ready to go on the market, though, hopefully he won’t mind. :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY. YAY. YAY...... YAY!! lol I'm so excited!! I love the idea of having a photographer for the birth!! It is such a beautiful thing!! & I cannot wait to hear what youre having (have I said that before?) wish I could be there to celebrate w/ you!!! ;( But thank goodness for the internet :) PS. You look amazing & I think the whole 9 lbs you've gained is all in your chest!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha got to say??