Friday, September 7, 2012

{week 14}

 14 weeks
Week 14 (Sep 1 – Sep 7)
Well, I had a very productive long weekend, followed by a busy week at work (and another doctor’s appointment snuck in there).  I spent the long weekend going through every inch of every closet along with our 2nd bedroom/office and laundry room, to de-clutter and reorganize.  I’m determined to get this house on the market in the next month (hopefully less!) and my assignment from our lovely realtor was to clear out as much “stuff” as possible so that the house looks bigger and more open.  I just have one room left, and then I call in reinforcements to help move all of the junk into storage.  Aside from that major task, Matt and I did sneak a little quality time in even though he was working most of the weekend, with a quick night out for ice cream, dinner at Jalapeno’s (I hadn’t been there in ages and oh my goodness I want to go back like now), and breakfast on Labor Day at IHOP (can you say Chocolate Chip Pancakes?).  Funny how our quality time now revolves around me eating… hmmm… Anyway, once Tuesday rolled around it was time for another doctor’s appointment!  It was another uneventful appointment where we spent more time in the waiting room than we did with the doctor, but uneventful is good in this situation. :)  We heard the heartbeat once again, although the little booger was moving around and making it difficult for Dr. C to find, but we heard it and she said that it still sounded great!  Hooray!  Our next appointment is in 4 weeks and that’s our big ultrasound.  Needless to say, I am counting down the days. :)
Size of baby: lemon
Total weight gain/loss: so, I guess my scale wasn’t lying.  According to the doctor’s office I’ve gained 7 lbs since my last appointment, bringing the total to 9.  Oops!  That seems like a lot to me, especially in only the first 3 1/2 months, but Dr. C assured me that it’s perfectly fine, and I’m right on track.  So there.  I’ll have another cupcake, please. :)
Maternity clothes? Mom and I may have got a little excited at Target on Saturday…  I now own a pair of jean capris, pair of jeans, 2 pairs of work pants, and 3 shirts.  I haven’t worn any of it yet, but I’m happy to have a good start of a collection for when this belly finally decides to pop.
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: same ol’ same ol’.  Fall asleep, wake up, spend 30 minutes trying to get back to sleep, wake up, go to the bathroom, spend 30 minutes trying to get back to sleep…wash, rinse, repeat. 
Symptoms: I’m realizing how lucky I am, in that I have almost no symptoms at this point.  I’m still having pretty frequent headaches, and of course the sleep issues, but I will take both of those any day knowing that many women have it much harder. 
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat at the doctor, and being told everything still looks great.  Also, being told that it’s ok I’ve gained 9 lbs. already. :)
Miss Anything? I think this question will be going away soon too, because I don’t like trying to come up with something every week, it’s just kind of depressing.  As for this week…I missed going to the lake for Labor Day.  Since Matt was working we were stuck at home, and I won’t lie I was a little bummed.  But we still had our own little BBQ at home on Monday evening which made me feel more like it was a holiday weekend. :)
Movement: not yet
Food cravings: no change here, still have a major sweet tooth.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!
Have you started to show yet: a co-worker told me I was starting to look much more pregnant this week, but I’m still not so sure.  I think it was just the dress I was wearing that day.  Although when I look at this week’s picture, maybe she’s right.  I did the whole hand on the stomach, I’m a pregnant lady pose this week…that could be part of it. ;)
Gender prediction: 3 weeks and 4 days until we find out! (did I mention I’m counting down?!) I am feeling girl this week.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on (the real one is back as of today :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Chiefs home opener this Sunday!  And a cloth diapering class I signed up for next week.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??