Monday, June 7, 2010

100th Post!

Holy moly! I just happened to notice that I was at 99 posts on this bad boy, making this one...you guessed it... number 100! Woo hoo!

The last blog I started only made it to 98 posts, sadly. That is not my fault, though. After I got married I sort of ran out of things to post about on my wedding planning blog...

So here we are, at post number 100.

Let's do a little recap of the first 100 posts, shall we?

Post numero uno (that's number one for those of you who aren't fluent in espaƱol...)
In this post I blabbed about myself, and then shared the first photo I ever took with my DSLR. Surprise, surprise, it's a picture of my dog. :) And not a very good one, at that. That post was just over a year ago, in March 2009. Ok, that's more than just over a year ago...it's like 3 months over a year ago.


Exactly 1 year ago today, I posted about a lovely Saturday afternoon at the lake. I like to think my skills had started to improve just a bit by then, although I do think I took way too many pictures of the husband and his fishing pole that day... For not being edited at all, I think those images I posted were pretty A-ok. Especially this one, of that crazy dog of mine:
Then July rolled around and I got married. For some reason, though, I never posted about that on here. Hmm. Guess it wasn't that important... ;) I did manage to post about it on the other blog, though...which makes sense considering that's pretty much all I talked about over there...
Later in the year I tackled my first portraits ever, my cousin's senior photos. Looking back, I think if I were to sit down and re-edit them I could improve them a ton, but I think the photos themselves are pretty good. Maybe I will sit down and do a little re-do of the editing one of these days... you know, in all of that spare time I seem to have...In November I was super-ambitious and tackled NaBloPoMo. I'm still amazed that I managed to do it, and now that I think of it, if it weren't for those 30 posts it would probably be more like December 2010 before I reached 100 posts...

I also tackled my next set of portraits that month, for my friend Ash and her boyfriend Zach. And I am proud to say that one of my images made an appearance on their holiday cards last year!

Santa surprised the heck out of me on Christmas Eve, and I became the proud owner of Adobe CS4. I admit that I still have no idea how to even begin using most of the programs, but I am slowly mastering Photoshop (ok, mastering was a poor choice of words. I am slowly figuring-out-how-to-make-the-stupid-program-do-what-I-know-it's-supposed-to-do-and-constantly-wishing-I-majored-in-photography/art/design-in-college)

I also became an aunt right around the holiday season, so since then I've pretty much just been taking pictures of the little booger. I took pictures of her for the first time on Christmas, and pretty much every month or so since then. :)

My, how she has grown in 6 months!





Whew! I have done a lot of blogging in the past year! Well, I certainly am happy and proud that I've made it to 100 posts... now let's see if I can make 100 more! I think this blog has helped me see my photography skills as they grow and improve, and it's definitely a cool way to look back and see what the heck I've been doing this past year. I hope you all have enjoyed the ride so far, and continue to hang with me for the next 100!
P.S. The rest of Lexi's 6 month pictures will be up tonight or tomorrow, I promise. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??