Friday, December 11, 2009

5 on Friday

A photographer I know (and look up to immensly, she is totally inspiring to me), Sarah - of Sarah Maxey Photography - does a little weekly segment on her blog called "5 on Friday", where she shares 5 things each week. Sometimes it's just a snippet of what's going on in life, sometimes it's info, basically just 5 random thoughts for the day! So I'm going to give it a try. Besides my NaBloPoMo adventure, my blog is mostly dedicated to my adventures in Photography. This will be a way to add in personal thoughts, ramblings, happenings, etc once a week. So enjoy!

Five on Friday

{one} Christmas is exactly 2 weeks away. No, that is not a typo, I really said 2 WEEKS. Holy cow. I have done nothing but decorate the house thus far. My goal for this weekend is to at least get HALF of my shopping done (I think I've bought a total of 4 gifts so far? EEK!), and my goal for next week is to get the Holiday Cards out. My excuse on those is that my second set hasn't come in from Snapfish yet. :P

Another sneak peek at one of the photos appearing on this year's card (I actually have 2 different cards...I ordered the first set back in November when there was a great promotion, but realized that 20 wouldn't be enough. I couldn't be boring and order another set of the same cards, so I designed another one! :)
Photobucket
Our fabulous wedding party! Since I went with all wedding photos on my cards, I felt these guys deserved a little credit too. :)



{two} Speaking of Snapfish, they are having some SWEET deals right now! They are calling it "The Great Holiday Deal Reveal" and each day is a different deal. Right now they are offering Free Shipping on all photo stationary (use code DEC11). I would highly recommend visiting them daily to find out the latest deal, there have been some good ones! (Like 100 free prints!)


{three} The hubs and I are going to the Chiefs game this Sunday. It's supposed to be 44 degrees and cloudy. Awesome. My family are season ticket holders (which I know I've mentioned before). There was actually some drama surrounding this game the past couple days, they were under the gun to sell out the game or else it would have been blacked out on local TV! (Can someone please explain to me how this makes any sense? I know of *quite a few* people that would have been EXTREMELY upset had this game been blacked out. Just sayin.)
Photobucket



{four} Exactly 3 months from today, the hubs and I will be in VEGAS at the 311 Day Concert. Can you say AWESOME?!?! I know I've told you about 311 before...only the world's greatest band!! The hubs, myself, and 5 of our friends will be road-tripping our way to fabulous Las Vegas, for a once in a lifetime concert experience. (My friend Ash and I went to the 311 Day concert in Memphis in 2006...it was amazing. They played for like 5 hours. 5 hours people! Incredible.) I can't believe it's only 3 months away...it still seems like a long time until March! I posted about it before, but 311 came to good ol KC back in November (just in time for my birthday!), and it was a fabulous show. My little point-and-shoot camera doesn't do much at a concert (I would much rather show you a picture of the band rockin it out), but here's a shot of the hubs and I getting ready to enjoy the show!
Photobucket

{five} My cousin, Caitlin (who you may remember from previous posts) emailed me today to let me know that she passed her ACE test (don't even ask me what that stands for), and is now a CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER. How cool is that?! I'm so proud of her. (And yes, I put that in all caps on purpose...makes it look nice and important :) She has worked really hard in college, and done amazingly well! So this is just the icing on the cake for her. Also of note, she has started her own blog, GozToTheMovies (it's a play on words using her last name...). As if you couldn't have guessed, she's a movie fanatic and her blog will be full of everything movie-related and more! So click the link, and check it out!


Well there you go! Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! GOOD IDEA!! I can't wait to see what you come up w/ each week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha got to say??