Saturday, January 3, 2015

thanksgiving

Moving right along with this catch-up-the-blog adventure... Thanksgiving!


We kicked off the holiday with a little craft.  Let me just say that I am so. excited. that Lilly is old enough to do crafts now.  Seriously.  So for Thanksgiving we made (yet another Pinterest idea) handprint turkeys!  It was a lot of fun, and as you can see Lilly sure enjoyed it!





We turned the final result into cards for both sets of grandparents and aunt Sarah's family.  And I kept one for myself too, naturally. ;)


On turkey day itself, we once again enjoyed a meal with my family and then hosted Matt's family at our house.  As you can imagine, Lilly loved it, and the two giant meals that went along with it. 


Really love this picture of Lilly with my dad and her Great Gram. :)


Once we got back home, I of course had to take pictures of Lilly on the table again.  I think I accidentally made that a tradition. ha!


{last year's picture just for kicks - I can't get over how much bigger she is!!}





Aunt Sarah brought a fruit turkey that was so darn cute I just had to take a picture of it!


Being our second year hosting Thanksgiving dinner, I think it came out a little better than the first. We had waaaayy too much food, but I think that's a sign that it went well. :)  I made mac and cheese from scratch and an old fashioned green bean casserole recipe that both came out quite delicious if I may say so myself.  The turkey was delicious too, and I once again had help from my mother in law and sister in law, which made things much easier!!


We had a kids table. Cutest thing ever.



It was another day of quality cousin time for Lilly and Lexi.  I say it all the time, but I just can't get over how cute these two are becoming together, and I'm just loving watching them grow closer as they get older.


As I'm sure you have gathered, we had a wonderful, albeit busy Thanksgiving this year.  Some say it's a pain to have to travel around to see different family on holidays, but I look at it as a blessing that we have this much family to spend this time with.  I'm so thankful for my own little family, but also for my extended family and getting to share these memories with them as Lilly grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??