Sunday, January 4, 2015

{19 + 20 + 21 months}

Well, here we are, another 3-months-at-a-time update.  And, actually, at the time I'm writing and posting this, Lilly is actually already 22 months.  So, yeah, I'm just generally behind, if that wasn't obvious. :)


As I've continued to say, with every age we come to, I find myself thinking it's my favorite one so far.  And the past 3 months have been no different!  Lilly's personality is really starting to come out, and she is constantly learning and blowing me away with her development.  She is talking up a storm...usually one word at a time, and she pretty much just says one syllable of each word, but she can really communicate with us now and it's amazing.  She has a stellar memory too, and is often trying to tell us "stories", which is again just mind blowing to see her little mind at work.


We enjoyed all of the Halloween festivities this month, which I already posted about, but it's safe to say she had a blast. :)  I also celebrated my 30th birthday shortly after that, which I won't lie I was not the most excited about.  However, I'm happy to report that I survived it, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  When I take a step back, I'm really happy with where I'm at in life at age 30.  I don't think I would have guessed that this would be where I'm at, but that's not saying much, considering that I thought 30 was OLD throughout most of my teenage years and early 20s. :)  So when I looked at it that way, I felt much better about turning 30, and was happy to have my little sidekick with me through it all.


Throughout the month of November, Lilly took a parent/kid swim lesson class at our local community center.  I meant to put her in lessons over the summer, but never quite got around to it, and then decided starting in the Fall would be a good idea so that we kept up her exposure to water even in the colder months. It turned out to be a GREAT idea, because she absolutely loved swimming!!  She did great in the lessons, and it was so cute to see how excited she got before every class.  It was a beginner level class, so we didn't do much beyond practicing kicking, moving arms in the water, and going under a couple of times, but she mastered all of those skills and had a great time doing it!  We'll be doing level 2 in the spring, and I'm sure she'll be super excited all over again.

Like I said, (and keep saying every month...) Lilly continues to grow and change and develop right before our eyes each month, and it's just crazy.  She now has a full mouth of teeth, that she brushes with Daddy every night, and with Mommy every morning, she is thinking about potty training (and by that I mean she's interested in the concept, we've bought her a potty, but that's about as far as we've made it, and that's ok.  I know this is something that comes with time and can't be rushed.), and she certainly has her own opinion about almost everything.  I love seeing the person she's becoming!

Ok, enough blabbing, on to the update...


Stats ~ nothing official...we don't go back to the doctor until her 2nd birthday.

Size ~ tall and skinny is definitely the theme for my girl.  She is wearing 18 month tops, and some 18-24 month pants but getting into 24 month/2T very quickly.  And that just blows my mind.  I think we're about reaching the end of the onesie era, which makes me want to cry uncontrollably.  I love a good onesie!  Seeing her in little jeans and regular shirts, not to mention 2 piece jammies, makes her look so GROWN UP!  I can't take it. But it's adorable.

Sleeping ~ bedtime is around 8 still, and she's still waking up in the mornings somewhere between 4-6am to come into our room and sleeps for a few more hours after nursing.  She's usually up for the day around 7:30, and takes one nap that varies in length - sometimes 45 minutes, sometimes 2 1/2 hours.  You really never know what you're going to get. :)

Eating ~
  she is still nursing before bed and first thing in the morning, but otherwise she eats 3 meals and several snacks each day.  She's a great eater, and will try just about anything.  She's a big fan of dips, and still loves any dish involving cheese.  Oh and bread.  She is clearly my child.

Likes ~
  playing with Daisy, bath time with Daddy, playing with dolls ("Amy" is her current baby, and she is really getting into pretend play with her), puzzles, tea parties, swim lessons, really - life in general.  She is still one happy kid!


Dislikes ~
 the first owl costume I bought her for Halloween..., sharing (we're working on this concept...)

Current Nicknames ~
 boog, boogie, Lills, baby Lills 

Words ~  she has a ton of them, I stopped counting.  Like I said, she is getting better at using words to explain things to us or tell "stories", even though she usually just says one word at a time, and one syllable of most words.  Her language has definitely exploded over the past 3 months!


And there we have it, another three months gone in the blink of an eye!  I am still keeping up with taking these pictures monthly, but chances are the next update will be right around her birthday. I'm just being realistic here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??