Sunday, December 30, 2012

{week 30}


































Week 30 (Dec 22  Dec 28)

This week started off nice and festive with some Christmas cookie decorating:

Then came lots of wrapping, last minute shopping, and more wrapping, and all the sudden it was Christmas!  It came and went so fast this year, but it was a great time.  We spent time with family on all sides, were blessed with more presents than we know what to do with, and enjoyed the last Christmas as just the two of us. :)  Although baby girl was also blessed with a ton of presents...I can only imagine how ridiculous that's going to get when she's, you know, on the outside. :)  She's one lucky lady, I'll tell you that much.

Speaking of the lucky lady...I felt her get the hiccups for the first time on Sunday!  It was actually her daddy's fault...we were all sleeping when the dog started growling and he startled us awake by yelling at her.  The next thing I know, I'm feeling tiny hiccups in my belly, and Matt even could feel them from the outside.  It was quite possibly the cutest thing I could ever imagine. :)  Since then, I've felt them almost every day, and it just keeps getting cuter. :)  I just keep imagining her tiny little self in there hiccuping away. 

Anyway...the rest of the week was back to work - boring - our home inspection, and generalized freaking out over the list of things to be done over the next 3 weeks.  "To-do list" is my new middle name.  And on the top of the list: find a new place to live! 


Size of baby: Cucumber {I don't get it.  Maybe we're just talking length?}

Total weight gain/loss:  34 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Are still awesome.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: I'm just hoping that one day I will again be able to sleep like I used to... oh how I miss my ability to sleep through anything, and sleep all day. sigh.

Symptoms: still fighting this carpal tunnel junk.  I know I am one lucky pregnant lady for how few symptoms I've had, and how generally great I've felt the past 30 weeks.  However, this SUCKS.  Fat fingers, hands constantly falling asleep, tingling fingers, wrist pain - thanks but no thanks.  I have an acupuncture appointment this week, which I'm crossing my (numb) fingers will help.

Best moment this week: Christmas!!  And thinking about how different, but amazing, next Christmas will be in a new house with our little bundle of joy running around. :)

Movement: lots of it, plus the hiccups!  She is starting to wiggle her way into my ribs, which is less than enjoyable, but not horrible (yet).

Food cravings: yummy Christmas food and goodies.

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? Still hanging in there.

Wedding rings on or off? Off.  But my darling husband got me a "placeholder" for Christmas, to wear until I can get the real thing back on.  I guess he doesn't want me walking around looking like an unmarried pregnant girl... ;)

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and stressed.  Christmas was lovely and wonderful and happy, but once we got back to real life the reality of all the stuff to be done and the short amount of time to do it has set in.  Enter: stress.

Looking forward to:  New Year's Eve!  I must say it will be an interesting one, being sober and all, but it's still exciting to ring in 2013 which is sure to be a big year for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??