Saturday, December 15, 2012

{week 28}

 28 weeks

Week 28 (Dec 8 Dec 14)

{Welcome to the 3rd Trimester}  HOLY COW.  I’m already in the 3rd trimester??? When did that happen???? 

Anyway, this week started off wonderfully with our 3D ultrasound on Saturday.  We got to see our girl, and watch her on a big screen TV for 45 minutes, and our families got to see her as well.  She tried to be a booger and had her face buried for the first 15 minutes or so, making it hard to get a good clear picture, but after lots of repositioning, jabbing and poking, she finally came out of hiding.  She gave us quite a show too, sucking her thumb, and even smiling a couple times!  It is still amazing to me that there is a little person growing inside of me, and to see her like that just makes it that much more real.  The ultrasound tech says she has big lips, big eyes, and a button nose.  Sounds like the recipe for adorable if you ask me. :)  I definitely think the “elective” 3D ultrasound was a worthwhile investment, and I’m glad Matt talked me into it!!  Now for your viewing pleasure…

BABY GIRL_25   BABY GIRL_15

 BABY GIRL_18   BABY GIRL_20

Later that day we had a somewhat last minute house showing (only minutes after I emailed the realtor with our decision to take the house off the market does this request come in…), and Sunday I had a fun ladies day with my BFF and our moms, and then Matt and I knocked out most of our Christmas shopping.  Overall, a great weekend!  The week was pretty run-of-the-mill, with some more Christmas shopping and plenty of hot-chocolate-drinking.  We did have another doctor’s appointment on Monday (I have graduated to bi-weekly appointments), which was also very run of the mill.  Baby is measuring great, and momma is holding up as best as possible.  It finally happened – I came down with a cold.  I have heard horror stories of getting sick while pregnant, and I must admit, it’s no walk in the park!  Not being able to take any medicine, combined with already feeling stuffy most of the time, does not make handling a cold any easier! I think I’m finally on the upside of it though, my throat is no longer on fire, but my head is still pretty much a block of concrete.  I have been drinking water like it’s my job, so here’s to hoping that helps flush this junk out of my system!

Size of baby: Eggplant

Total weight gain/loss:  34 lbs. {only gained 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks – woot!}

Maternity clothes? Are awesome.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: pregnancy + head cold = no such thing as sleep.  I finally got a decent night’s sleep on Thursday night (decent in that I only got up once to go to the bathroom, and maybe 2 times other than that.  every other night I’ve been up about every hour, gone to the bathroom at least 2-3 times, and chugged anywhere from 2-4 giant glasses of water.  Fun stuff!)

Symptoms: nothing really pregnancy related this week, just a big fat head cold.

Best moment this week: seeing our girl smile at us on the big-screen at the 3D ultrasound.  And seeing her suck her thumb.  Ok, just seeing her. :)

Movement: she is still my little mover and shaker!  I’ve noticed a lot more activity in the middle of the night this week, though…probably just because I have been up more.  Let’s hope this child isn’t a night owl… but who am I kidding, if she’s anything like her mother we’re all doomed (at least those of us who value our sleep anyway)

Food cravings: nothing exciting.

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but looks different to me every day.  Matt thinks I’m just imagining things.

Wedding rings on or off? Right hand rings are still off (and unable to be put back on) :(  Wedding ring is holding on for now, but not sure how much longer it will last. :( 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still pretty happy for the most part…no crazy pregnant lady outbursts this week. :)

Looking forward to:  a Sunday with absolutely nothing planned, and hopefully lots of baking, shopping, present-wrapping, and general holiday cheer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??