Friday, October 5, 2012

{week 18}

 18 weeks

Week 18 (Sep 29 – Oct 5)

This was easily the best, and most memorable week of my pregnancy so far.  On Tuesday, we found out that

WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only that, but we got to watch our little darling on the ultrasound screen for a good 30 minutes.  Boy does she move and shake in there!  We saw her sit Indian-style on my bladder, followed by a karate-kick to my gut, and then she decided to just stand on my bladder.  Great to know she has already found how to test her mama…  Really, though, seeing her on that screen was just amazing.  Matt and I both sat in awe as we watched, grins plastered on both of our faces. The ultrasound tech looked our girl up and down and said that she looks completely healthy, had a strong heartbeat of 146, and is definitely a SHE!  Best. Day. Ever.  I could have cared less if the little one was a boy or a girl, just knowing is awesome.  Hello……shopping!!!!  Not to mention, finding out that so far she is healthy and measuring right on track was fantastic. I’m in love. :)

So, yeah…I don’t really even remember what happened the rest of this week, the only thing I can think about is those 30 minutes. 

Size of baby: sweet potato

Total weight gain/loss:  another doctor’s appointment means another look at the scale…  I’m now up a whopping 16 lbs. (yikes!)  BUT!  The doctor confirmed that because I was underweight to begin with, that number is totally ok, and I’m right on track.  (PHEW!) 

Maternity clothes? It has officially happened, I’m wearing maternity clothes.  Well, not at the moment, but more days than not this week at work. :)  I also ordered some more things from Old Navy online (sale + free shipping? yes please!).  I’m not fighting it anymore… this belly is getting harder to stuff into pre-pregnancy clothes.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: same story.

Symptoms: fewer headaches, and more baby flutters!

Best moment this week: hands down… hearing IT’S A GIRL!

Movement: more and more every day.  And so far, I love it.  I know it will get to a point where it is either painful or annoying…or both…but for now it’s fantastic.  Usually sometime around 2:00 every afternoon I get a little reminder that she’s still wiggling around in there.  Definitely brightens up my work day :)

Food cravings: still just sweets.

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!

Have you started to show yet: I think I somehow look less pregnant in this week’s picture than I did last week…not sure what that’s all about.  Either way, though, I think we have definitely moved into “showing” territory.  Still waiting for the nice round belly though!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: getting our house on the market!  this weekend and this week we are finishing the last bit of preparations, and then this bad boy will officially be for sale!

 

And, just for good measure… the first pictures of our baby girl:

 baby-girl-1

baby-girl-2

and yes, the next one is a picture of her butt.  with an arrow pointing to her crotch.  just in case that wasn’t clear :)

baby-girl-butt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??