Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{week 17}

so yeah, this post is a little late.  I wrote it during week 17, I just didn’t get the picture edited and the post up in time.

 17 weeks

(um, woah.  so the belly…it has popped apparently?)

Week 17 (Sep 22 – Sep 28)

Exciting things to report this week… I’ve started to feel the baby move!  The first couple times, I wasn’t entirely sure what I was feeling, but as I’ve started feeling it more, I’m pretty confident.  It’s unlike anything I’ve ever felt before, so what else can it be?!  Aside from that, it was a pretty run-of-the mill week.  Saturday was “Strutt with your Mutt”, an annual charity walk put on by our local animal shelter, Wayside Waifs. Daisy had fun getting a walk in a new area, and seeing a bazillion other dogs.  Later that day I went to a brunch at Matt’s customer’s house, and got to hear all about how much they love him and his work. :)  The rest of the week was pretty typical… and then Friday night Jess and I had girls’ night and went to see Ben Folds Five.  We had a blast – I didn’t even miss the fact that I couldn’t drink, guess that’s what happens with best friends. :)

Size of baby: onion

Total weight gain/loss:  9lbs.  I’m still not getting back on the scale until I go to the doctor again.

Maternity clothes? I finally caved and wore one of the maternity dresses I got at the consignment sale a while back. In this week’s picture, even!  I thought it was the dress making my belly look bigger the day I wore it, but looking at the picture…maybe it’s more than just the dress. ha.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: no changes…a lot of waking up and hitting the bathroom.  I did buy the infamous pregnancy pillow (technically called a Snoogle – who names these things?!).  I wasn’t paying the $60+ retail price, so I was able to buy a slightly used one for just $15.  How’s that for a bargain!  I haven’t used it yet (and I think Matt is afraid of the thing), but I know it will come in handy soon.

Symptoms: still just headaches, and now a few flutters of movement!  Definitely the coolest symptom to date.  It feels like there are little bubbles in my belly popping, or a little fish swimming around.  WEIRD.  But cool. :)

Best moment this week: Girls night!  It was kind of like we were in high school all over again (although we were just a tad more responsible…).  We laughed and laughed, and it was just a fun night all around. :)

Movement: yes!!  The first flutter that I was (mostly) sure was the baby was on Tuesday while I was at work (after a false alarm the night before…).  I instantly texted Matt, and just waited to feel it again.  I felt it more and more each day, and Matt joked that our Pizza Roll was just turning over to finish cooking :)

Food cravings: anything sweet!

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!

Have you started to show yet: Well, I guess I have to finally say yes.  Someone at work actually asked me if I was expecting this week.  Now, I think it was pretty brave of her to ask, but I guess I will take that as a sign that it’s becoming more obvious. :)  It still isn’t the round baby belly I’m imagining, but there is definitely something there, and apparently people are noticing!

Gender prediction: I am still going back and forth almost daily on my prediction, but most people think girl.  We will see on Tuesday! TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY!!!!!  I can’t wait :)

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: FINDING OUT IF THIS PIZZA ROLL IS A BOY OR A GIRL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??