Friday, July 27, 2012

{week 8}

 8 weeks

Week 8 (July 21 – July 27)

Time is starting to speed up a little, which I am thankful for (for now at least).  I am very anxious to get the first trimester over with, one so that the symptoms will hopefully for the most part go away, and two so that the chances of miscarriage go down and I can hopefully stop worrying so much! 

This week started off pretty busy, and then slowed down a bit, thankfully.  We spent the weekend with Lexi, and had so much fun!  It was a bit tiring (who gets up at 630am on a Sunday?!?!), but as I said last week: definitely good practice. :)  The rest of the week was pretty much just usual routine, luckily I haven’t been quite as tired so felt a smidge more productive than the past few weeks.

Size of baby: Raspberry

Total weight gain/loss: I actually haven’t weighed myself this week.

Maternity clothes? Not yet – I did look at some maternity leggings, just because I hear they are fab, but I was confused by them so I didn’t buy any.  Maybe when I actually have a belly I will understand how maternity clothes work…

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: I’ve woken up during the night quite a bit more this week… not sure if this is pregnancy related or not though.  I have had to wake up to go to the bathroom a couple times, that I’m sure is pregnancy related!  Still feeling extra tired most of the time, but the exhaustion has come on quite a bit less than last week and I am so thankful for that!  I have noticed over the past 2-3 weeks that I am having tons of very vivid and crazy dreams!  I tend to remember them much longer than normal, too. 

Symptoms: the super-nose continues (although after a 4 hour deep clean the house is smelling much fresher!), nausea has gone down and still only shows up when I get hungry, and we’ve already discussed the fatigue.  No new symptoms have appeared, and I’ll take that!

Best moment this week: watching Matt and Lexi have a dance party in the living room – I am SO mad that I didn’t video this…it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.  Just imagine a 30 year old man, and a 2 ½ year old girl dancing and singing along to “You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful” together.  Seriously.  Cutest moment ever.  I smile every time I think about it…especially when I think about moments like that to come with our own kid.

Have you told family and friends: We haven’t told anyone new this week, but the majority of family and a couple of friends know.  I’m still trying to wait until after our next appointment to tell the world, but we’ll see if I make it the next week and a half.

Miss Anything? Gluten & Dairy!  I have just wanted to eat everything I’m not supposed to lately.  And I’ve indulged a few too many times I think… (who can turn down a FREE fudge pop?!  Not me.)

Movement: not yet

Food cravings: I still don’t think I’ve had any full-fledged cravings yet…I just have a hard time not indulging when something “sounds good”.  I don’t see that improving over the next 9 months…

Anything making you queasy or sick: still just when I’m too hungry. 

Have you started to show yet: not yet

Gender prediction: girl

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy this week!

Looking forward to: a weekend with minimal plans… I just want to RELAX.  And get a few of the 10 million things on my “to-do around the house” list done.  Hopefully the weekend stays plan-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??