Friday, January 8, 2010

{five on friday} 1.8.10

Welcome to the first edition of Five on Friday in 2010! This one is going to be a little different...I'm going to do 2 lists - 5 things I remember from 2009, and then 5 things I'm hoping for in 2010. So maybe we should call this one 10 on Friday instead. :) I think I will break it up into 2 posts, since I tend to get a little wordy...


2009 ~ Looking Back
5 things I remember happening in 2009.


{one} Our house was broken into.
The first major thing that happened to us in 2009 was not really a good one. On the 13th of January, we came home from work on a seemingly normal Tuesday to find that our house had been broken into, and we had been robbed. I'm not going to lie, it was a pretty scary day. To come home, see your house torn apart, and think about the idea of someone else rummaging through your things is not a very good thought. We had about $7,000 worth of stuff taken from our house, including every camera I owned, our Wii console, my laptop, and a ton of other things. I will say though, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. The night (and several days after) this happened, we had a hard time believing that, but looking back now I can see it... The burglars took an old film SLR camera of mine, maybe worth 50 bucks. In working with our insurance company, we learned that after providing them a list of everything that was taken, they would pay to replace all of the items. Well, it just so happened that their "replacement" for that old camera was my new Canon DSLR - something that would have taken years for me to save up to purchase otherwise - thus, my love for photography was reborn. So thanks, burglars. :)


{two} We got married!
Of course the biggest thing that happened to us in 2009 was our wedding! It was hands down the most amazing day of my life. I spent pretty much the entire first half of the year planning, stressing, planning, and anticipating. It turned out to be a perfect day, that I wish I could relive over and over again. :)
Photobucket
Image by Josh Solar Photo


{three} We honeymooned in Mexico.
Coming in at a close second for amazing-ness was our honeymoon. Just thinking about the days of waking up and having the biggest "responsibility" be deciding whether to first hit the beach or the pool...well it makes me want to go back! We had never been on a real vacation together, and let me tell you this was such a great first one! We spent 7 nights in all-inclusive heaven, baking in the sun, drinking "Mango Tangos" by the dozen, enjoying life as Newlyweds. I really hope we can save up to take an anniversary trip back to Mexico (or anywhere else as heavenly) in the near future!
Us on the beach in Cozumel


{four} I turned 25.
Just a couple of months ago in November, I had my 25th birthday. It was the first one that made me actually start to feel old. It's crazy - all of my friends are settling down, getting married, having kids; my "little" cousins are going to turn 18 and 21 this year (what?!?!); and I am now a *wifey* who spends her spare time thinking up decorating schemes for the house, and looks forward to a weekend at home with the hubby. *Sigh* I am officially old.


{five} We became Aunt & Uncle G.
This just follows right in suit with the "feeling old" one. As I've mentioned recently, Matt's sister and her hubby recently added the beautiful miss Lexi to the family. It may make me feel old, but more than that it makes me SUPER excited! I have always been really close to my aunts and uncles, and I am really excited to have a niece of my own to spoil. :) I just can't wait to watch her grow up, and see what kind of a kid she will become. I'm already imagining the fun we'll have, going shopping together (buying her anything she wants!), going to the movies, all of the holidays where I get to shower her in toys...it's going to be great! And I'm also pretty excited to have a little one of our own some day so Lexi can have a cousin. I'm also really close to my cousins, and I can't wait for our own kids to have that same bond!
Photobucket


Those are the top 5 things I remember from 2009...it was quite an eventful year!

Up next... 5 on Friday: Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??