Friday, January 15, 2010

{five on friday} 1.15.10

Well, look at that, it's already Friday again! You know what that means...

{one} rock chalk.
If you know me, you know I'm a huge KU fan (it being my alma mater and all...). I saw this video the other day...check it out:

That's Cole Aldrich, and some other random guys...kicking some @$$ from half court! This actually made the front page of Yahoo! and MSN. Rock Chalk!


{two} American Idol is back!
I used to hate this show. Hate it. I thought it was just plain stupid, and that Simon guy annoyed the you-know-what out of me! Well that was then. Now, I love it. Don't ask me why, but I have completely converted and now get so excited every year in January when a new season starts. It's really not the same this year without Paula, but I am super excited to see how her replacement, Ellen does. That woman CRACKS ME UP. So now you all know where I will be every Tuesday (and sometimes Wednesday) night at 7pm. :)


{three} speaking of Idol...
I recently bought Kris Allen's CD(for those of you who live under a rock, Kris Allen was last season's winner - and my favorite from the very beginning ;) I may be biased, but I think it's great! I highly recommend you go out and buy it too!

Isn't he just dreamy!!!!

{four} we've been hard at work
The hubs and I have been doing some spring, er scratch that, winter cleaning around our house. We finally finished emptying our "catch-all" room (formerly known as a bar, and even formerly known as a garage) of the "all", and it is now living space. Can I get a HALLELUJAH! I forgot how nice it was to have that one extra room in the house. Especially now that in that extra room there are 2 couches, a chair, a TV and most importantly my elliptical! I have gotten back to working out this week, thanks to all of our hard work. (Ok, it was Matt that did most of the work, but I helped all right?!) I would post a picture of the room and all of it's complete-ness, but (1) I didn't take one, and (2) it's not very pretty - none of our furniture matches, the walls are a mess of things that used to be hung and holes from other things that are no longer hung, and it's really just a room of randomness. So use your imagination on this one, folks. :)


{five} a helping hand
I'm sure you've heard about the massive earthquake in Haiti by now. How devastating. I can't even imagine going through something like that. I learned today that my company is rallying together to gather all kinds of items to send to the relief effort in Haiti. I think this is a great idea (especially for those financially challenged like myself who can't just drop a check to the Red Cross or someone, as much as we'd like to). I will be rummaging through my cabinets over the weekend - I know I have extra blankets, canned goods, and personal care items. I will probably pick up a few things on my next grocery trip as well. My company is a rather large one, so I bet with us all coming together we will be able to provide a bit of relief to a few people who have gone through so much.

Happy Friday and I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??