Sunday, January 12, 2014

{10 months}




10 months?? TEN?? When did that happen?? I can't believe our baby girl is getting close to her first birthday.  Everyone tells you how fast the first year goes, but I really didn't expect it to go this fast.  I'm glad I've taken a lot of pictures, because I feel like it's gone by in the blink of an eye!

This is by far my favorite age so far (and yes, I will probably continue to say that every month - get used to it).  She is so much fun right now...so interactive, so smart, and just so stinking cute!  I think she has really developed a lot over the past month, and I have a feeling this next month is going to be a big one too.  She isn't quite walking yet, but I know it's right around the corner.  She got several push-toys for Christmas, and she LOVES walking behind them, just strolling around the house.  Speaking of Christmas, it was her first Christmas this month!  Oh how fun Christmas becomes when you have a kid.  I cannot even wait for next year, when she understands more of what's going on.  She had a blast this year though, despite not really understanding why we saw so many people in the course of a couple of days, and wondering why she kept getting to rip paper off of things and then play with a new toy.  (more to come on her first Christmas...someday I'll get the pictures edited and a post written...)

Unfortunately, right after Christmas we both ended up sick, and she had her first real fever.  Luckily it only lasted for about 24 hours, but it was so sad to see her like that, she was not herself at all.  I will admit I did enjoy spending an entire day with her on the couch where we did nothing but snuggle and sleep, but it would have been nicer without the matching 101* fevers.  She was back to her happy self the next day thank goodness, and luckily I was feeling better by then too (when I first realized I had a fever I was having panic attacks thinking about how I was going to take care of both of us.)

Anyway, on a happier note, like I said this girl is just a ball of fun lately.  And getting to be so smart!  I'm sure every mom thinks their kid is a genius, but I will say I am constantly impressed with the things she picks up on.  She has finally gotten the hang of baby sign language, and pretty much just does the sign for milk all day long now.  We're working on that. :)  She also gives kisses on command - cutest. thing. ever.  I could seriously sit around all day getting kisses.  I don't even care that half the time she opens her mouth and sticks her tongue out so you get a slobbery mess of a kiss.  Still adorable!

I still haven't made the call on her first word just yet.  She says "hiiiiiiiii" all the time, and usually in the right context, so I guess I should probably just go ahead and say that's it.  Other than that she just points at anything and everything and says "duh".  I know there are some words in there trying to get out, so I'm sure it won't be long before she's talking our ears off.  I'm patiently waiting for "mama" to come back, too...

Anyway, enough blabbing, on to the official update!


Stats ~ no doctor's appointment this month, but weighed 20.8 lbs on our home scale.

Size ~ mostly wearing 9 months, still fits in 6 month onesies, but not pants.  It's about time for another round of closet cleaning (and subsequently, shopping!)

Sleeping ~ sleep is really up and down.  Some nights are great and she'll go down just after 7, and sleep until she wakes up to eat around 5.  Other nights she wakes up at 10, 1, 3, or some combination of those and either Matt can go in and rock her back to sleep, or she just comes to our bed for the rest of the night and snuggles with me, or occasionally wants to eat in the middle of the night.  I think there is just so much going on developmentally right now, that her little body doesn't have time for sleep.  At least that's what I'm telling myself. :)


Eating ~
  she loves food, and loves nursing just as much.  I haven't seen any decrease in the amount of breastmilk she wants, but she's eating more and more solid food every day. She's tried tons of new things, and still loves pretty much everything she tries.  She also has a funny new habit of "talking" the entire time she eats.  Basically just making random noises while she shovels in food, but it's quite entertaining (until you are out in public in a quiet place eating...) Also, we are officially THOSE PEOPLE that go to a restaurant and leave it looking like a food-tornado went through.  Always tipping a little extra these days... :)

Likes ~
 the remote (she got a Fisher Price one for Christmas that she does like to play with, but it seems there is no substitute for the real thing), reading books (both with Daddy and on her own), pulling every toy out of the various baskets around the house and in her room, pointing at anything and everything, giving kisses, stuffed animals - particularly a KU sock monkey, a KU teddy bear at grandma's house, and her first baby doll.

Dislikes ~
 nothing new here: diaper changes or changing clothes, the carseat, laying down on her back in general, not getting a bite if you are eating in front of her

Current Nicknames ~
 boog, boogie, Moe, Lilly bean, Lilly pie, Lills

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??