Friday, May 17, 2013

{10 weeks} + my first mother's day!


week 10 included:

~ meeting lots of new people
~ a photo shoot with cousin Lexi
~ mama's first Mother's day!

{to see all of Lilly's weekly photos, click here}


we held the first (of many I'm sure) cousin photo shoots - it was a little tricky shooting a 3 year old and 2 month old together, but we ended up with some really cute shots!  a few of my favorites:





and then Sunday rolled around, and it was my first Mother's day!  Lilly (with the help of Daddy) treated me to cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and gifts in bed which included a pedicure, a shopping spree, and an adorable picture frame for a "mommy & me" photo.  we didn't do anything terribly exciting for the day, but it was definitely surreal to think that I get to be celebrated on Mother's day now. :)


I'm so thankful that this girl made me a mama.  It's been amazing so far, and I know it's only going to get better.

And, just for fun, a picture of me and my own mama (circa 1984):



Happy (belated) Mother's day to all of the other mamas out there!  It's a hard job, but we are lucky to get to do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??