Thursday, April 18, 2013

Easter {aka: Lilly's first holiday}



Let me just start out by saying: holidays are so much more fun when you have a kid. :)  even if she was only 4 weeks old for this one...

We had an eventful Easter weekend, with Lilly's first trips to see lots of family.  Saturday was her first trip to Mama T's.  She got to hang out with her aunts, uncle, cousins, grandma, and even great-grandma. {ok so technically I guess they are her great-aunts and 2nd cousins?  or something like that.   too complicated for me to worry about...}


so the cousins had our annual egg hunt in the backyard (even though it was rainy and cold out...) - next year we'll actually have a kid to hide eggs for!  Not that we won't still participate...I mean it is tradition and all...


Anyway, I know she was only 4 weeks old, and had no idea that it was a holiday {or what a holiday even is for that matter} but I still made her an Easter basket.  Come on, baby's first Easter!  I couldn't resist.


It wasn't anything too crazy...just a stuffed bunny, some easter themed books, and some new hair bows.


And of course we had to have a special Easter dress for baby's first Easter.  This gem is from Target, and yes, the husband totally gave me the side-eye when I insisted on buying it.


After we got done opening her basket {er, sitting in the chair next to it for a picture...same difference}, we headed over to grandma & grandpa Henry's for Easter brunch.



Lilly clocked some quality time in with Grandpa and Great-Grandma... and by quality time I mean a nice snooze. :)

After a family walk, and some more quality time, we headed down to see the other set of Grandparents, and Lilly's first trip to Louisburg.  


We had an egg hunt for the kids, which was tons of fun ~ and now I am anxiously awaiting next year when Lilly can actually participate :)





While Lexi & Jordan had their fun, Lilly spent some time snuggling with Grandma...




Once all the eggs had been hunted, and the girls were busy counting up their treasures, it was time for the obligatory family photos.  And, most importantly, the first cousin photo!



Aren't these girls sweet?!  I'm so happy Lilly gets to grow up with these guys by her side. :)


Aaand, that's a wrap!  We had a great weekend of family time, and I had a blast celebrating the first holiday with our baby girl.  I can't wait for the rest of her first holidays...let's just say there will be no stopping me when her first Christmas rolls around. :)


I leave you with one last photo of my two loves.  She's going to be a daddy's girl, I can already tell. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??