Sunday, February 13, 2011

be mine

bgIMG_2465

I used to hate Valentine’s day.  Hated it.  Thought it was the stupidist holiday ever.  (I’m pretty sure the main reason for that was because I was single…)

I’m still not terribly fond of the holiday, but I have learned to let go of the hatred.  I’m guessing that having someone to buy me a card and maybe even flowers helps with that… :)

This year I got a smidge more into Valentine’s Day than usual, and baked some heart cookies.  Really, I just saw it as a perfect excuse to bake some sugar cookies and decorate them with royal icing again. (I tried this for the first time over the holidays)  And then when they were done I thought they were so pretty that it was the perfect excuse to bust out the camera and give that new lens of mine some more use. 

bgIMG_2472 

These cookies are, quite frankly, a royal pain to make.  They take forever, and they make a mess (well, people that can actually cook and have normal sized kitchens probably don’t make nearly as much of a mess as me – I am by no means a chef, and my teeny tiny kitchen has zero counterspace).  But, for some reason, I really enjoy making them (ok, eating them).  Decorating is the best part - I still need some practice, but I’m getting better. :)

bgIMG_2466

I made these so the husband and I could have a nice treat on Valentine’s Day, but I’m not so sure there will be very many left by Monday…  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??