Friday, July 16, 2010

My New Kitchen!

Ok, so the title of this post may be just a teeny tiny bit exaggerated.  I didn’t exactly get an entire new kitchen.  But I did get a new oven!

And I can’t even begin to tell you how exciting that is.

For almost an ENTIRE YEAR now, I have been using this gem:

019

At first glance it just looks like a really OLD oven.  But it is so much worse than that.  Not only is it old, it’s ugly.  And not only is it ugly, but it barely works!  Here, let me show you:

019e

See?!  So for the past year, I’ve not only had an old ugly oven but I’ve only had 3 working burners and the oven itself didn’t work at all!  Let’s just say that toaster oven we got for a wedding gift has been getting a TON of use. :)

But, alas, my prayers were answered, and when I woke up Sunday morning and walked into my kitchen I saw THIS:

008

Isn’t it PURTY!?  That darling husband of mine spent his Sunday morning removing the old oven and installing this bad boy, all while I slept off my hangover.  He’s a keeper, isn’t he?!

We found it at Nebraska Furniture Mart after searching all over Kansas City for the best deal.  We also went to the new Sears Outlet store, hoping for a great deal on a ‘scratch and dent’ one, but the NFM one was actually cheaper than any we found there!  So now, my kitchen is back in working order.

012

By the way, I am in LOVE with the flat cook top.  Love.  So easy to clean!  (Not to mention all 4 burners work!)

So what was the first meal I made in the new oven you ask?

Super Gourmet – frozen pizza. :)

It was late, and we were hungry.  I refused to eat out on the first night of having my new {working!} oven, so that was my compromise.  I’ve more than made up for it this week, though.  I’ve used either the oven or the stove (or both!) every night to make lots of yummy meals – Chicken Enchiladas, Lasagna, Taco Night.  It’s been fabulous.

Now if only the rest of my kitchen could magically remodel itself, we’d be in good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??