Tuesday, March 3, 2015

{two.}

Dear Lilly,

I meant to write you a letter last year on your birthday, to start a yearly tradition.  As with a lot of things these days, I never seem to have gotten around to it.  So we'll start this year instead.  :)  I just want to give you something to look back on when you grow up, from me, each year.  I want to tell you how awesome you are at this age, and how much I love you.  I'm sure it's something I'll enjoy looking back on too...you know how I am about memories. :)

Somehow it has been two whole years since you came into our lives.  It doesn't seem possible.  While if feels like bringing you into the world was just yesterday, at the same time its as if you've been a part of our family always.  I can't even remember what life was like before you. You have always been and continue to be one of the happiest kids I've ever known.  You are so easy going, and you constantly make people smile.  I'm always watching people while we're out in public, and anyone that catches your glance instantly smiles.  You have the most positive effect on people (and that's something I couldn't be more proud of), and you have really enabled me to look at the bright side of everything.


You went from a barely walking, chubby little baby, to a walking, talking, full blown toddler in the course of a year.  It absolutely blows my mind how much you have changed in the past year, and I am amazed at how much you have grown. You are becoming such an independent little lady, and I absolutely love the conversations we have.

You love to laugh, and you make me laugh approximately 10, 542 times every single day.  When you find something that you know makes us laugh, you will make sure to repeat it as much as possible.  Case in point: "four-five".  I still can't figure out where you picked that up, but every time you say it I crack up - along with anyone else in earshot. :)  You are so proud that you are two - and you should be!  You've learned so much in your 2 years!   You pick up on things so fast, such a smart girl.  I can't wait to see what path life takes you on - the possibilities are endless!


I want you to know that you are loved beyond measure. I want nothing in the world but for you to feel happy and loved.  I love that you still love to snuggle me, and I really hope you never grow out of that - try not to, ok?  It's my favorite.  If you would only stay still, I could easily sit on the couch and snuggle with you all day long.  I've never felt a love like I feel for you, and I now know how lucky I am to have been blessed with you.  I can't wait to watch you grow up (slowly, please) and see where life takes you.  I do know this much - you are going to do great things.  


Year two has been a great one.  I didn't think it could get better after year one, but I was wrong.  I can only imagine what's in store for us next!  Thank you for being the light in my life, and keep being the beautiful, smart, funny, happy, positive little girl that you are!

Love you to the moon and back,
mama

{all photos by Sarah Maxey Photography}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??