Monday, March 3, 2014

one.

I can hardly believe it, but our girl is officially ONE.  Right about this time, actually, one year ago today, we brought our beautiful daughter earthside.  I spent the toughest 2 days of my life getting her here, and have been rewarded with the most wonderful year of my life in return.  I can't even put into words how much I love this girl; watching her grow for the past year has been pure joy. She is the happiest little baby, with a smile that lights up the room.  She is friendly to just about everyone she sees, always saying "hi" and waving even to strangers.  She has an infectious laugh, an instant cure to the worst of days.  She could probably walk all the way down the street if she wanted to, but just hasn't yet realized her ability, so still stays safely tucked next to a wall, or holding a hand.  She has a lot to say to just about everyone, but most of it still comes out in her own language. I am constantly amazed at how smart she is, and my favorite thing in the world is to watch her mind at work. She absolutely loves books, especially when Daddy reads to her.  She broke the mold and has always been one of the happiest, most easy going babies.  She is perfect in every way, and I couldn't be more blessed to call her my own!

I still remember taking this picture one year ago...wide awake in the middle of the night in our hospital room, watching this little person sleep, trying to wrap my head around the fact that she was mine.  She was so tiny, so precious, and so perfect, and I just couldn't believe that she came from me.

Now, she's grown into this beautiful, happy little girl, and I couldn't be more proud to be her mama. 


 We had a fun day celebrating her birthday today, and I can't wait for this weekend when the real celebration happens!  

Happy Birthday to my beautiful little Lilly!  The first year has been wonderful, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. You are one special girl, and we are lucky to have you in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??