Friday, May 20, 2011

another backyard photo shoot

On another fun evening with the munchkin, I decided to have an impromptu photo shoot in the back yard again.  This time I had a plan – I had a really great Mother’s Day gift in mind for Lexi’s mom.  Well, that idea worked a lot better in my head, so it will probably be tucked away for next year (when I have more time and a slightly older and more sit-still-capable child on my hands).  I did end up with a few great shots, and we still got a great Mother’s day gift out of it all.

bgIMG_2828  bgIMG_2829

Have I ever mentioned the many facial expressions of this child :D

bgIMG_2824  

This one (in black and white) ended up making an appearance in a beautiful homemade picture frame for a one of a kind Mother’s day present.  I think the best part about the photo is how dirty those hands are. :)  The kid is completely at home when she is outside, getting dirty.  My kind of girl.

bgIMG_2838

This one is an all time favorite.

Of course Daisy and Lexi have become good friends (in a why-do-you-always-come-over-here-and-play-with-my-toys kind of way).  This next series just cracks me up.

bg_lexi-daisy

“Hmm, child playing in my yard, wonder what she’s doing”

“She has a bucket.  I wonder what’s in the bucket”

“Oh.  There’s sand in the bucket.  And my toy.  I’ll take that…”

bgIMG_2849

And of course, Daisy saw the camera and said “oh, you’re taking pictures?  great!  I’ll just pose myself right here…yes that’s perfect”

bgIMG_2850

I'm ready for the spring/summer weather to stick around so that I can keep getting out there with the camera.  Enough of this cold, snowy, stay inside business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha got to say??